Monday, March 14, 2011

Easter butterfly

There have been several things lately that have made me inspired to make something with butterflies! The first is over at For the Love of Life - she had a Butterfly Linking Party yesterday. I'm a day late, but figured I'd try to add it anyway! Also going to submit it to the All a Flutter challenge at Getting Cricky with K Andrews.

Use a Unity stamp from a store kit I won off of ebay a while back. Stamped the butterflies on the background paper, and then stamped them again, and pop-dotted them on top of the first ones. Then for the first time, I added some real sewing (hand stitched) around the edges of the stamped paper. Added stickles, some ribbon and Baker's Twine, and a sentiment from Pink by Design.



6 comments:

  1. So pretty love these colours you chose...perfect! :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really artsy and wonderful card, tfs janna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous! I love the distressing with the earth tones--and that chocolate baker's twine--you pulled so many great elements together so nicely!
    Thank you Heather for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at your projects. Come check out what I have for you at my blog!

    www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! The twine and stitching are wonderful! I also have a border punch give away on my blog. Come check it out! www.cricutology.blogspot.com I'm your newest follower;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card. I love the butterflies..

    ReplyDelete