Monday, July 18, 2011

Sunshine and Twine!

The other night as I was laying in bed, trying unsuccessfully to fall asleep, my mind started to wander - as it often does - to what I could craft the next day! I was also listening to the rain outside, and our sad lack of sunshine this summer, so when this card popped into my head, it seemed like the perfect idea! Sad to say that it hasn't really increased the amount of sunshine we have enjoyed outside - but it helped get my mind off the rain!

This didn't come out exactly as I pictured in my head, so I might have to give it a try again another time, but that's okay! I cut a half circle to start with, ran it through my Cuttlebug, punched a LOT of holes around the edges, and tied short pieces of twine through each hole. The background has a bit of machine stitching around the edges, and I used a Fiskar's edge punch to cut a little "cloud" for the sunshine! Finished off with a sentiment, and the little butterflies from Scrappy Mom's stamps. Thanks for stopping by! 





4 comments:

  1. Now that's one of the most creative uses for twine I've seen in a long time! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super awesome! Love the twine as rays of sunshine and the butterflies floating in the sky are adorable! Hoping you get some sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I am glad you couldn't sleep the other night, now I have a new idea to play with!!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I just LOVE it! Isn't it great when your mind starts to wander..... what amazing things you can create! Love the twine idea.... it really is a great card! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete