Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mojo Monday Sketch challenge - My Heart Sings!

I used to really struggle with sketch challenges - for some reason it was just hard for me. I don't know if I tried too hard to exactly follow the sketch, and just felt really hemmed in by them or what. But now, I LOVE doing sketches! I feel like it gets me out of my rut, and inspires me rather than limits me! So I was excited to try this weeks Mojo Monday sketch:


Here is my take on it:


I used Elegant edges for the frame cut-out, and for the border edges, which I welded with my Gypsy onto a rectangle from Plantin Schoolbook. The circle in the very middle of the frame is also from Plantin Schoolbook. I stamped part of an image from the Unity May KOTM onto that circle. Added some different pattern paper to cover the rectangle that my borders were welded too, and a little extra strip - just because the colors matched and it made me happy! Added some machine stitching around the edges, and a bow with some Baker's Twine, jute cord, and a button from my stash.


I also used a My Minds Eye 6x6 paper stack - I LOVE those for cardmaking! Somehow it is a lot easier to cut into a small piece of paper, and it makes coordinating papers together a snap!

3 comments:

  1. There is absolutely no struggling on this card...you nailed it! Great take on the sketch! I love all the pretty details, stitching, twine, embossing. Fantastic!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Heather...loving all of the pretty borders and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!, I love the colors I also entered this weeks Mojo Monday challenge if you wanna check it out, it's the most recent post on my blog. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete