Thursday, August 25, 2011

Moxie Fab World - Fabulous Felt Challenge!

Good morning! I really wasn't too happy with these pictures, but that is because I took them after dark and didn't have the benefit of daylight to help make them bettter. Oh well!

I made this card for the Moxie Fab World - Fabulous Felt challenge. It was kind of fun playing with felt and trying to use it in a different way than normal. I started with the green piece of felt and ran it through my Cuttlebug folder that I had lightly sprayed with Walnut ink, and dried off almost entirely. The picture doesn't show it very well, but the felt is not only embossed, but the raised part has been darkened a bit with the ink. Then I did some inking around the edges of all the paper, and some machine stitching around the edges of the felt and pattern paper.


I stamped the sentiment, by Unity Stamp Co. on a circle of cream felt, stacked two of them together, with another smaller piece in the middle, and sewed them together. Added some jute cord for a bow, a banner, and a few stick on pearls.


I also used the color inspiration from the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. Here is the photo:


Thanks for stopping by!!! Tomorrow is Friday - that means Unity Friends with Flair, and a new Cricut 360 post! See you then!



4 comments:

  1. Interesting Technique:) Will have to give that one a try!

    Melissa

    expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Thanks for the tip!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heather! Thanks also for linking this up to the Fabulous Felt challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete