Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine card with Cricut Craftroom Basics

Good morning! I wanted to quickly share a card that I made for the Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge, to create a project using the new online, and free, design software for the Cricut, Craftroom Basics. I still think I love my Gypsy far more, but part of that is because I have slow and imperfect internet, which is definately a drawback to an online based program! Here is what I made:
I used the free digital cartridge, Craftroom Basics, for the shaped card base, and for the heart. The silhouette is from A Child's Year - one of my all time favorite cartridges still! 
I inked the edges of everything with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen, and pop dotted the silhouette from the background. 
I used a black Sakura glaze pen for the doodling and stitching around the edges. The sentiment is from 40:31 creations, and paper is all from Echo Park's Country Drive 6x6 paper pad. 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing! That pen looks like you actually stitched all of the... well... stitching. Hee! Hee! Got lost with that one. Hee! Hee! It's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute valentine card. You used alot of my favorites!! Thanks for sharing your creativity. Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! Thank you for reminding me about this wonderful image! It is perfect for Valentines! Great work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this card and the craft room i just have to figure out how to size the cards and stuff

    ReplyDelete