Thursday, February 9, 2012

Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversary Day 5


Hello! I am joining in on Papertrey Ink's Day 5 Anniversary challenge today! The challenge today is to create a project inspired by an image from Pinterest - so here is what I came up with:
And here is my photo from Pinterest:


 I still don't own very many Papertrey Ink stamps, so I was super excited when I saw this cut picture on Pinterest - because I had the PERFECT stamp!!!
I started off by trimming some PTI cardstock in Vintage Cream and Oceans Tide and embossing them with the Linen Texture Plate - this is the item that first introduced me to Papertrey Ink - and it still is probably my favorite item from them of all time! 
I layered them together, then stamped the whale with gray Versamark ink. Wish I could have found a way to eliminate the line in between, but oh well! I stamped the sentiment with their white Palette ink - truly the BEST white ink ever! First one I haven't felt like throwing across the room because it doesn't work! The hearts were stamped with my Pure Poppy cube dye ink. 
Finished off by mounting it on a card base made with Smokey Shadow Cardstock. 
Thanks for stopping by! Blessings on your day!



4 comments:

  1. I just love that texture plate! It's amazing! I love how you did the two different versions of the whale! It's adorable! The hearts are perfection too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific card! Love the texture and how you made the whale appear to be in the water...just too cool! :0)
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this....so sweet! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hearts ... Someone will smile when thet receive this

    ReplyDelete