Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Patches of Pink - New Design Team Members and February Link-up Party


Hello! I am happy to be able to announce that I will be continuing on this year with the Patches of Pink Design Team! This was the first Design Team I had the opportunity to be part of, and am happy to be able to be able to keep it up for 2012 as well. Many (or maybe all?) of the previous Design Team will be staying on board, and there are several new designers joining the team! I know there will be lots of fun in store for the next year. So our post this time around is Valentine Theme! Make sure and head over to Patches of Pink to meet the rest of the Design Team, as well as link up your own creations! Here is my project:
I had fun inking up this cutie from the Peachy Keen February stamp release - isn't it adorable?  
I got my first set of Nestabilities the other day, and had to give them a try. I love how you can cut the shapes, and then emboss as well! I then inked the raised part with Tim Holtz distress ink in Broken China, then stamped my image on top. My original plan wasn't to color it in, but it just kind of happened that way! SO I used my Copic Markers and white gel pen - then mounted it on top of a doily.
The bow on the side is made with crinkle ribbon, some PTI button twine, and a PTI button. Here is a close-up shot:
The sentiment on the bottom is from the same Peachy Keen set that the image came from. I found the cute little flowers in the dollar section at my local Michael's store and fell in love! 
I inked the edges of the pattern paper just a bit with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen. 
And that's it! I think that is my last Valentine card for the year...or at least maybe!  ;-) 
Thanks so much for dropping by today! Remember to head over to Patches of Pink to get all the info on the new Design Team and join in on the Link-up Party!!!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that sentiment is SO cute, I LOVE it! Looking forward to working with you at PoP- and new follower :)
    Hugs,
    Heather P
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute Heather!!! Love this adorable card!
    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/
    POP Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cupid. Darling card. Happy to be on the team with you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how did you get the cool reply thing on blogger? i like it.

      Delete
  4. Your card is just GORGEOUS,BEAUTIFUL job with your coloring and all the sweet details!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! and that sentiment is just so adoriable. So glad to be on the POP Dt with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is darling! I'm looking forward to crafting with you on the POP DT! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is adorable-and I LOVE the compostion of it as well. Congrats on the POP DT-I'm thrilled to be there with you! I'm your newest follower too! Creative blessings, Brynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, I love your card, you do an awesome job. Thanks for leaving me such a nice comment also congrats on PoP DT - Glad we are on the same team. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!!! Congrats on another wonderful year with POP!!!

    ReplyDelete