Sunday, November 18, 2012

Paper Smooches and Play Date Cafe

Okay - I re-posted better pictures taken in daylight for these! I just wasn't satisfied with the ones from last night with bad lighting!

Anyway - I have been itching to play a bit more with my Paper Smooches stamps - and when I saw the color combo over at the Play Date Cafe for this week...I knew just what to do! Here is what I made:

I used the sketch for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge


And, of course, the color combo for this weeks Play Date Cafe Challenge:


I used pattern paper from My Mind's Eye, and cut the rectangles out with Spellbinder's dies. I colored the elephant on Copic Express blending cardstock, then hand cut out, and glued onto the pink background. 
Added the sentiment stamped with PTI ink, some lace trim, and some Baker's twine, and attached it with foam adhesive to the gray scallop rectangle. 
Added the sentiments on the bottom right - the little congratulations is from the same set as the elephant and welcome baby, and the large congratulations is from Sentiment Sampler. I stamped these also with PTI ink.
SOOO happy with how this came out! Now...just need to find someone who is having a little girl to give it too! Thanks as always for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Love this, it's so stinkin' cute !!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling little card. AND it's not a bad picture! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Play Date Cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...and I think your pic is fine! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Those elephants are adorable. :) Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture came out fine, but this is so cute, what an adorable idea. I love the colors and the stamp. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHH! Beautiful! Your coloring is amazing--LOVE the papers! FAB take on this sketch:) THANKS so much for playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!! Hope you join in the fun this week!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute! This looks great with the challenge colors for this week. Glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete