Tuesday, January 15, 2013

PK Sketch Challenge - Late Birthday Wishes

Okay...so I'm pretty sure this sets a record for a "late" birthday card - but since I am catching up on the neglected ones, I realized that I had never gotten a card sent off for my brother-in-law's birthday in December. Yeah...I know, that's pretty bad! But, I figure better late than never, right? So, I whipped out my trusty Peachy Keen Stamps and used the current Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge for inspiration, and here is what I came up with:

Here is the sketch:
I feel pretty happy with this - especially since I usually struggle with guy cards! 
I used some pattern papers from an older My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad, and paper pieced the darling candles from the Peachy Keen December 2012 Kit of the Month.
Used my Copic markers to add the cheeks, then my white gel pen to add some little details. 
Tucked some burlap ribbon along the bottom, stamped the sentiment and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen. Attached the candle panel with foam adhesive, then inked the edges of the outer paper with Vintage Photo distress ink.
Thanks for stopping by to visit again today! As always - have a wonderful day!!!

8 comments:

  1. This is AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC!!!!FUN!!and Love the PK faces on their little faces.Who would love receiving this adorable card!I DO!!A Sweet Sentiment.
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those candles!! They are perfect! And I love the colors you chose to make it a 'guy' card too! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little candles!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Love the patterned paper you've used and those candles are great!! Their faces go perfectly with that sentiment! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these candles! They just say party to me! I think you did a great guy card, Heather! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birthday card is sooo ADORABLE!FANTASTIC job with the sketch and your sweet little candles,TOO CUTE!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather! It's great to 'see' you playing along! (Especially with such a smasher of a card)! Big hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather ~ No the card isn't late at all!! hehehe but let me say it is so PERFECT and ADORBS!! I LOVe the colors you chose and the burlap ribbon ~ TOTALLY LOVE!! I really need to get these candle stamps!! Doodled in just the right places too!! Awesome card!! He will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete