Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Paper Smooches Guest Designer - Week 2

Good morning! I'm excited today to share a couple more cards for my second week as guest designer this month over at Paper Smooches. I am having so much fun with the new release stamp sets! Here is my first card (which I am also linking up with the Mixy-Matchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World): 


For this first card, I broke out the new Off the Charts stamp set, and the coordinating Chart Topper set. I also used my Ovals 1 Dies. As soon as I saw that sentiment - I thought this would be such a fun birthday card!


I stamped the images using a few different colors of PTI inks. After that, I centered the oval die and die cut them out. That way I didn't have to try to keep them straight on an already cut oval! I hand trimmed the banner for the sentiment. I inked the edges of both white pieces with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen. 


For the card base I used pattern paper from My Mind's Eye. I used scraps for the diagonal strips of pattern paper. I then attached the image panel with foam adhesive.


Finished off with some jute twine and a few gold sequins from Avery Elle.


For the second card, I used the fun new ocean themed set called Briny Blue, as well as Wicked Nauticool for the waves. I also created my own sentiment using Alphadot stamp set.


I was falling asleep one night when the idea for this card popped into my head! For some reason the song called "Chin Up" from Charlotte's Web popped into my brain, but changing the word "chin" to "fin"! Yep...I was pretty much humming that the entire time I was making this!


I stamped the dolphins on light blue Bazzil Cardstock, then fussy cut them out. My card base is also Bazzil Cardstock, just a deep royal blue.


I stamped and heat embossed the waves in white, then mounted the dolphins over the waves using foam adhesive. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with Zing embossing powder in mustard.


Finished off by tying around some Baker's Twine, attaching an October Afternoon button, and adding a small strip of pattern paper from Glitz Designs behind the bottom edge of the front of the card.


Thanks again so much for stopping by to see me! Have a great day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! Love your papers and design on the first one, and the CAS look of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the top one is awesome! i just love how you mixed all those pattern papers
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both! What a fun sentiment on the first and your dolphins are adorable, that touch of yellow is perfect on the blue. Awesome work Heather. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I absolutely love the first card!

    Amanda
    www.lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete