Monday, August 5, 2013

Neat and Tangled - Chalkboard Cupcakes

Good morning! I'm super excited to be sharing my first project over at Neat and Tangled today! I decided to make a card to help celebrate Neat and Tangled's 1st birthday! 


I decided to play with Sketchy Cupcakes and make a card using the chalkboard technique. I love how simple this technique is, and how elegant it looks! Simply stamp your images with watermark ink, heat emboss with white powder, then slightly offset and stamp again with white pigment ink. I then wrapped a bit of paper towel around my finger, dipped in pigment ink, and added the smudges to help complete the chalkboard look.


I added some Tangerine Satin Sequins, pattern paper from a Crate Paper 6x6 Party Day paper pad,  and a bit of washi tape that I found at Michael's. I hand trimmed some scraps of the pattern paper into the 3 little banners, attached them at the top with washi tape, and used a tiny Tim Holtz paper clip to attach to my card. 


Finished off with some doodlings around the chalkboard with a white gel pen, and a little more doodling in black pen around the outer edges.

I am also linking this up to the Moxie Fab World Birthday Card Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy 1st Birthday Neat and Tangled!

6 comments:

  1. Heather ~ Well I LVOE this card for so many reasons! The colors, the chalk, the details and oh my the washi! My new love ~ washi! I took a look around and of course I LOVE all your creations! My goodness you posted a ton! WOW! I hope you know I ADORE you creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, your card is so fun! The chalkboard effect is so F*U*N! I love the cupcake design and the other elements look fabulous! I need to use washi tape more often:) Thanks for the inspiration! AWESOME job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather!! I LOVE this!! Such a NEAT DESIGN!! I LOVE the Chalkboard and the pops of orange!! SO FUN!! THANKS for sharing and CONGRATS!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just oozes happiness. Love the little touches of polka dots all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete