Monday, October 28, 2013

MCS New Release Day 2 - Christmas Ornaments

Good morning! Welcome to day 2 of sneak peeks for the Winter Release at My Craft Spot! Today we are sharing projects made with the newly releasing stamp set, Jar Full of Christmas. This stamp set coordinates with Jar Basics Metal Dies and Jar Basics Stamp Set. I decided to use it without the jar and make a trio of hanging ornaments:


To get this effect with the ornaments, I placed the stamps BACKWARDS on my clear block, inked with some Hero Arts inks, then stamped on my paper. I then reversed the stamps and placed them the CORRECT way on my clear block, and stamped the image over the top. It pretty much blends in and is impossible to see, but I also stamped a fun pattern that is included with the set on the ornaments...I just forgot that shadow inks are made to melt and blend in together - so it basically disappeared! Oops!


I finished off by using one of the new Curved Banner Dies and coordinating Christmas Banner Sentiment Stamp Set that we shared sneak peeks of yesterday. I used washi tape to mask my sentiment so I could ink it matching colors with my ornaments. Finished off with some fun pattern paper and some Natural Jute Twine from My Craft Spot.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Make sure and head over to My Craft Spot next to see what the rest of the design team put together, and enter today's giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. great how you color match your sentiment with the ornaments
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty set of ornaments you've showcased - both their front and their back :-). The curved banner and sentiment are lovely! Wonderfully festive card; wonderfully festive new release!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The ornaments are darling and love the way you did masking on the sentiment! Brilliant idea! Super pretty Christmas card!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Love those ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card - love the ornaments
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love your ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card, I like the multi colored sentiment! TFS!

    bdcampers@msn.com

    ReplyDelete