Saturday, April 5, 2014

Watercolor Feathers

Hello again! Stopping in with another card for the Unity Itty Bitty a Day Challenge going on the Unity Facebook page - and playing with more watercolors:


I was inspired by this beautiful image I found on Pinterest:


I also used (with a bit of liberty taken!) the Unity {be inspired} sketch, so I'm linking it up there as well:


I used some Unity feather stamps, from the itty bitty set called "Feather Flight" - I own them from one of the Kits of the Month, but they have since been made into an itty bitty stamp. I simply painted watercolors directly onto my stamp, then pressed them onto my watercolor paper. Once they dried, I added a bit of Glossy Accents, smeared it around with my finger to flatten it a little, then sprinkled on some gold glitter.


My sentiment is from the January 2014 Kit of the Month, embossed on vellum that I wrapped around the back and secured behind. Finished off with a wood veneer feather that I tied some gold thread onto, then mounted it onto a PTI cardstock card base.


I'm pretty sure this is one of my new favorite cards!!! 



Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. WOW-- in capital letters! This card is so incredibly clever! I would've never thought to put watercolors directly onto my stamps, but I adore the effect you achieved. Beautiful color blending, too. The glossy accents and glitter give the feathers just the right amount of bling. I love how the sentiment pops because of the heat embossing you did and the wooden feather is a great tie-in to your overall theme. Thank you-- most sincerely-- for such a fantastic tip and for inspiring me with this card. You are truly talented and have a great eye for design. I'm so glad that you shared this creation with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This card and technique is beautiful! I love everything about this...the vellum sentiment, the mix of colors, the watercolor technique...and then the glitter and glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Heather. Congrats on your {be Inspired} challenge win this month!

    ReplyDelete