Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day Sailboat

Good evening! Since it is Father's Day tomorrow, I thought I would get a jump and share one last Father's Day card with you that I made with some of my Avocado Arts stamps.


I am also playing along with this weeks Shop Pumpkin Spice Challenge: Masculine, and the current Inspired By Challenge - loved the woodgrain, and for some reason it made my think of the old Dutch lullaby "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod" - I always loved that poem. And even though they "sailed off" in a wooden shoe, they sailed! Here is the inspiration photo: 


I just adore the little sailboat in the newest Avocado Arts release, "Life's a Beach", and I added a sentiment from last month's set "Just Fore You." Used my Tim Holtz distress tool and some distress ink around the edges to soften them a bit, mounted on some pretty MME woodgrain pattern paper, and finished off with some jute twine wrapped around and tied in the back.


And Happy Father's Day in advance to all the amazing Father's out there, include the Dad I was born to, the Dad I gained through marrying my husband, and that same wonderful husband who is an amazing Daddy to our two girls (I almost said "little" girls, but they aren't so little any more!) Have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments: