Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lovely Magnolias - Thank You

Good morning! This is another of the cards I made with some of the images I've been coloring for The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge - I actually colored these flowers and leaves over a couple of days, then fussy cut them out leisurely while I was homeschooling my kids. I actually really enjoy fussy cutting when I have free time, so this was fun for me!


This was also my first attempt using "Press and Seal" Saran wrap to build my card front - and I am in LOVE with how easy it was! I basically laid out all my floral pieces until they looked like I wanted, tucking things here and there and rearranging, then laid the press and seal over the top to hold everything together, turned it over to add my adhesive, then laid it on the card where I wanted. SOOOO amazing how it worked!


I cut a curved edge on my pattern paper with a Pretty Pink Posh die, then added my sentiment attached with foam adhesive, with a bit of silver thread tucked underneath. Finished off with several silver sequins, and rounded the top corner of the card. Love how the round corner in the top, compliments the rounded edge of the pattern paper on the bottom left!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!



7 comments:

  1. This is exquisite, Heather!!! The giant gingham is fabulous with these amazing florals! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is just beautiful, love the coloring and great design of the card, I love your tip for lining everything up and using the press n seal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I think this card is so elegant. The gingham background and the delicate colours of the flowers are just wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and pretty! Love those magnolias against that gray check.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this so much! everything about it is perfect

    ReplyDelete